Many Android users cannot play Clash of Clans after updating to version 9.256.4 because the game is crashing after the loading screen. The game will crash and an “Unfortunately, Clash of Clans has stopped” error message will display. Here’s several workarounds that will let you play Clash of Clans once again. Hopefully, Supercell will release an official fix soon.
Update: A new version (9.256.8) released on October 13. It did not fix the issue.
Here’s the first method..
1. Uninstall Google Play Services through App Manager.
2. Open Clash of Clans and wait until you can click on the settings button on the top right corner.
3. Press Google Play Sign-In.
4. It will prompt you to update Google Play Services. Update it and afterwards you will be able to resume your village!
If that doesn’t work… Try this:
1. Download Parallel Space from the Play Store.
2. Run Parallel Space and add Clash of Clans.
3. Run Clash of Clans in Parallel Space. The game should not crash while running in Parallel Space!
Please let us know if any of the methods worked for you.